Chicken with Lemon, Caper and Parsley Sauce

Tuesday, May 4, 2010


Chicken with Lemon, Caper and Parsley Sauce was the off screen star at my Avatar dinner party, we enjoyed the chicken with steamed chat potato's and steamed green beans before settling down to watch Avatar by James Cameron's on DVD.

This photo really doesn't do it justice, I was in a bit of a hurry settling the little ones down to chips and nuggets and dishing up the main to the adults and trying to get a photo.

I really should have gotten someone else to take a decent shot for me while I finished up. But I can assure you it was delicious and so simple to make. The original recipe called for veal but I was not sure if all my guests would eat veal so I changed it to chicken.

My guest also had an allergy to dairy and eggs, so I substituted the butter for Nuttelex and it turned out just fine.

Chicken with Lemon, Caper and Parsley Sauce.
(serves 4) the following is the original recipe from Super Food Ideas magazine
40grams of Butter ( I used Nuttelex)
4 (100gram) veal schnitzels uncrumbed and halved ( I used 3 chicken breasts)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of baby capers, drained.
1/4 cup of Lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves.

1. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan over medium - high heat. Add veal (or chicken) and cook in batches until browned and cooked through, transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
2. Reduce heat to medium low. Melting remaining butter in pan. Add garlic and capers, cook stirring for 1 minute until fragrant. Add lemon juice and parsley. Cook stirring for 2 - 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened return Veal (or chicken) to pan along with any juices. Cook until heated through 1 - 2 minutes . Then serve.
Serve with steamed chat potato's and steamed green beans.

2 comments:

Not Quite Nigella said...

I really like using Nuttelex for dairy free recipes-in fact a friend jut asked me for dairy free cake and I recommended using Nuttelex! :)

Saphire said...

I love nuttelex it has a pleasant flavor and when cooked actually smells like butter melting in the pan. I also need to find some Egg and Dairy free deserts to serve this friend when she comes to dinner again.

Post a Comment

The Traveling Cook Book Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino