Avatar Dinner Party

Saturday, May 1, 2010



Tonight I am having a friend over and her 3 kids to have dinner and watch Avatar on dvd. I am not going all out on the kids menu simple chips and chicken nuggets there. But for the adults I thought I would apply some effort and dress the table and make something simple but yummy so I am going with............

Chicken with lemon caper and parsley sauce, served with steamed chat potato's and green beans. The original recipe called for veal but I was not sure if Mel would like veal, so decided chicken was a better option. The recipe was on page 47 of Super Food Ideas, May 2010 issue 114.

For desert the kids will be having cup cakes and I very well may splurge and give them some blue icing to go with the movie. The adults will be having Limoncello aperitif, which is lemon gelato with limoncello liqueur. This was on page 85 of Super Food Ideas, May 2010 issue 114.

It should be a fun night low key but delicious and fairly relaxed. What are you having for dinner tonight?

3 comments:

Saphire said...

The Limoncello aperitif is off the menu because limoncello liqueur cost $58.98 a bottle and I just did not budget for that this week.

So instead its deep dish apple pie with cream for our after dinner pleasure.

Not Quite Nigella said...

Great idea! I love themed dinner parties :) We went out for dinner tonight with friends.

Saphire said...

Dinner was a hit, I will post up a few pictures and the recipe in the morning. I have decided I really need to work on my plating skills..the food was delicious but it could have looked more attractive.

Post a Comment

The Traveling Cook Book Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino