The Travel Plan

Thursday, April 22, 2010



The whole point of TTCB is to let me experience the flavor of countries that I can not actually travel to at this point in my life and to share that with all of you. It is a journey for my taste buds that doesn't require a passport and allows me to learn new skills in the kitchen and to embrace my passion for food and cooking.

So where do I want to go? Good question I know, There are some countries I have ALWAYS wanted to visit and while others I have just added to my list after thinking about it for this post.

I have compiled a list of destinations that I will be visiting throughout this blog, I realize some countries will have different dishes for different regions but I hope to cover as much as I can.......so without further adieu here is my list of countries I would like to travel to and that you will see food experiences from in this blog.


* India
* France
* Germany
* Malta
* Alaska
* Holland
* Denmark
* Ireland
* England
* Thailand
* Scotland
* China
* Japan
* Egypt
* New Zealand
* Greece
* Peru
* Italy
* Canada
* America
* Norway
* Switzerland
* Hawaii

If you have any requests or recipes to share please feel free to post them in the comments or to contact me for my email.

Thanks to all my cyber friends who have already helped me with some of the countries on my list...our first stop will be India.

4 comments:

Chris Cassie said...

Thats a fantastic link of countries to check out.
I love the idea of the curries of India,
The very fattening butter laiden dishes of France.
The Heavy dishes of Germany, with sauerkraut and sausage.
I look forward to learning about Maltese cooking, which I presume is heavily Italian inspired. The fish dishes of Alaska salmon and Halibut.
I love the Poffertjes (basically a pancake pillow) from Holland, or croquetees. Perhaps some cheese dishes with the likes of Gouda, Edam, and Leyden
Denmark, pastries, or open faced sandwiches
Ireland, it has to be something with potato in it.
England, spotted richard anyone?
Thailand, has to be satay something I hope.
Scotland, well how about haggis
China - Chinese anyone? Thats pretty easy
Japan, Sushi? Sashimi? Tepenyaki
Egypt, the Arab dishes like Baba Ghanoush, or other eggplant inspired like Moussaka
New Zealand, has to be either something with cheese or lamb.
Greece, perhpas save the Moussaka for Greese, or perhaps something sweet like baklava
Peru, don't know much about peru
Italy, hmm pizza, pasta?
Canada, mmmmm Bacon
America, Fast Food anyone?
Norway, no idea
Switzerland, no idea
Hawaii, still no idea... look forward to it.

Saphire said...

Awesome comment Chris and very inspiring keep those idea's coming. The first country I will be visiting is India and I have Rasam, Rice and Aloo Bhindi Curry on the main menu and Payasam for desert. Kartik helped me with the South Indian menu, I hope to be giving it a whirl this weekend.

Kat said...

Well apart from Indian cuisine I really don't have much of an idea about other countries. I might have heard names and know a few of the names of the dishes, but that's about it.

So this journey of yours is surely gonna help me get a better insight to food from different places which I hope to visit some day.

Bon voyage :D

Saphire said...

Thanks Kat its nice to know someone else is taking this adventure with me. I hope you try to make the dishes as well and that you let me know how they work out for you.

I am sure I am going to learn a lot, as you already know my lessons have begun with my attempts to understand Indian cuisine.

Post a Comment

The Traveling Cook Book Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino