The Traveling Cook Book

Wednesday, April 14, 2010


Welcome to The Traveling Cook Book, this is my world adventure via cooking. You may have heard of "Julie & Julia". One womans pet project, to take one year and cook her way through a French cook book. This tale was recently made into a film based on the novel by Julie Powell.

"Julie & Julia" the movie and novel have inspired me to embrace my love and passion for cooking and my excitement for trying new things. I am just not a steak and three veg kinda girl, sure every now and again but not every night. I have to have variety and be enticed by my food. It has to be a seduction for me or I would just rather not eat.

I also have the dream to travel, I long to explore the world and experience cultures and cuisine from around the globe. Sadly this just is not in my budget and I have family commitments as a wife and mother, so it is just simply something I can not embrace right now.

So being as stubborn as I am, I am fulfilling my dream in my own way. This is achievable now and will still allows me to enjoy cultures and to try different foods. I will also expose my family to the experiences as I go. A journey we can take together traveling via cook books.

I am going to pick destinations around the world and then research cuisine and recipes from the area and replicate them as best I can in my little kitchen in Australia. I plan to travel the globe without actually leaving my home or my country...my taste buds are going on a journey and your welcome to come with me.

All aboard The Traveling Cook Book, no passports needed.




Happy Travels
Saphire xxx

2 comments:

Kat said...

Well I am also a big travel freak and although i haven't travelled yet but i do plan to once I earn my own living (hopefully I can :P)

I will do my part to help you on your journey ^_^

Onward to new frontiers.. :)

Saphire said...

Thank you so much Kartik, your advice on South Indian food has been fantastic. I am very much looking forward to trying my hand at Rasam and rice.

Post a Comment

The Traveling Cook Book Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino